- I support the Prakash Lab and all of their cool projects - read more about it on the Prakash Lab Website.
- Previous Projects
- Stanford University
- Stanford Biodesign
I was last seen there as Sr. Associate Director. Projects included several websites: biodesign.stanford.edu, ebiodesign.org, bmesource.org, bme-idea.org. I also helped run the global programs and was responsible for communications.
- Media Solutions
- I was last seen there as Executive Director. Prior to that I was
Director of Web and Courseware Development. This organization is
part of the larger Learning Technology & Extended Education
initiative at Stanford to bring academic content to media in new
and exciting ways. One project there was the Alliance for Lifelong
Learning (Alllearn.org) which created online courseware for alumni
of Yale, Stanford and Oxford Universities.
- I've put together a presentation on Accessibility that was part
of the Continuing Studies Class on Web
Sites That Work
- Web Services
- My primary project is to create sites for organizations around
campus. You can see an example set of my sites.
- SIG on webmastering
- I chaired Special Interest Group at WWW7
- in Australia in April of 1998 on webmastering.
on University Webmastering
- The AusWeb folks graciously asked that I put together a tutorial
to present at AusWeb '97 on the challenges of running a University
web. The tutorial was presented on Saturday, July 5, 1997 at the
Conrad Jupiters (Gold Coast).
on the 5th International World Wide Web Conference has
- The conference, held in Paris, France in May 1996 was a wonderful
opportunity to meet with the webmasters of the world!
of the Stanford Web
- As a member of the Stanford Web Redesign Task Force
I created a set of slides showing the background and concepts behind
- Report on the 4th International
World Wide Web Conference is now available.
- I attended the conference and has written
a report on myyattendance. I also presented a poster paper, the
original paper, on which the poster was based, is called
Elements of Style for Web Design.
- Kansai Institute On-Line Scrapbook
- When the Kansai Institute for Information Sciences visited Stanford
University, I was asked to put together a web scrapbook of their
trip to the U.S.
- Web Presence Providers
- At the request of folks around campus, I am maintaining a list
of Web Presence Providers that are available for hire to Stanford
- A proposal was accepted by Sun Microsystems to provide Stanford
with hardware to put a Sunsite on the net. Other Sunsites include
University of No. Carolina and
The Stanford Sunsite features on-line
information for Stanford Alums, Community Health Projects, the SLAC BaBar
project as well as other interesting Stanford pointers.
- Second International World Wide Web Paper
- A paper was presented at WWW Conference in Chicago, October,
1994. The paper can be read here.
- Web Page standardization
- In an attempt to make Stanford's
web pages have a similar look and feel, a document has been created to
suggest standards that webmasters might use during the creation of their